Tuesday, March 3, 2009

First!

Is this the obligatory first blog post in which I say things I'll regret later? I've been reading blogs long enough to know that yes, yes it is. So, in an attempt to avoid saying too many embarrassing things, I'll just give you the basics, the rundown, if you will. And until I can figure out how to do things in the fancypants way that most blog-aficianados are accustomed to, you'll have to deal with my little "About" section being rye-cheer:

I live on the East Coast of the United States. I'm a registered independent with few political leanings and less desire to talk about them. This is not a political blog. I'm a Christian and will reference my church occasionally, I'm sure. But this is also not a religious blog. I have three cats, and may say something about them from time to time, but this is not a cat blog. I promise. The cats' names will, for the purposes of this blog, be 1) Lazy, 2) Spaz, and 3) Runt. These are not their real names. I also have a husband, whom I will refer to as Teddy, which is definitely not his name. This will not be a marriage blog.

I am a math teacher who does not teach school. I tutor. I tutor all manner of things, from reading to math to test preparation. This is a blog about that. Mostly, it is about the things that annoy me. I will refer to myself as Cranky, or some variation thereof. None of the children or parents will be referred to by their real names. If you can't figure out why, then please leave my property.

I do cuss. A lot. I will try not to do it here, as it's usually just filler. If I do use a naughty word that offends you, please retire to your fainting couch, have a restorative adult beverage of your choice, have the maid cool you with an inordinately large lacy fan, and when you feel able, have your houseboy block access to my blog. Alternatively, put your big girl/boy britches on and get over it.

A blogger whom I respect and enjoy reading has a wonderful little bit about how his blog is a dinner party amongst friends, not a public forum. I'll not steal it directly, but I will say that you are on my property, as it's my blog, and if you annoy me too much, I'll probably stop letting you clutter up my little internet home. Deal with that in the same manner as you would for a naughty word. Seriously, are there people out there who spend their lives reading blogs they hate just so they can post rude and unclever things? That's just...sad.

So, I think I've covered all the bases one should cover in a first post, and I'll leave it at that. Tomorrow, if I am able to pry myself away from my other duties, I shall tell the internet The Dreadful Story of Harriet and the Variables. Maybe.

Oh, and thanks for playing along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You will leave a comment. You will do it now.