Friday, May 8, 2009

Ever Get A Song STUCK In Your Head?

Way back when dinosaurs ruled the Earth, I went to college. I went to a college out on the West Virginia/Ohio border, and in a little town called Parkersburg there was a tiny little punk 'club' called Caffeine Kelli's. One night when my friends and I went there, we saw a band that did a song that's been stuck in my head for ages. I can't remember the name of the band, or any of their other songs, but the song Gasoline is stuck in my head. No, it's not the Seether one. It's different. I remember a good bit of the lyrics, too. The song was about a young man remembering the death of a girlfriend, and I think it was his fault. It was not a happy song, but it was well-done and it gave me goosebumps. But I cannot remember the whole song, and I can't remember the band's name. What I do remember is below.

He rests his head upon the wheel
Tells himself that it's ok but he
Doesn't know just how to feel
....
Lonely nights he cried
Bottle by his side
The same drink that took her life
And you-ou-ou are tearing out my eye-eye-eyes
....
You gave me your disease
Pushed me again
And you fit me so tight
Just like a second skin
And I know somewhere in between
You know the smell of
Gasoline-line-line
Yeah yeah yeah yeah
Gasoline-line-line


SO, if anyone reads this blog and happens to know about this band, which I know is a real long shot, I would really, really appreciate it if you could tell me the name of the band, or link me to their website, or something, anything. This is going to impact my productivity today. I just know it.

2 comments:

  1. Was it Swingset Hands? I have a pin from the show we went to at Kelli's - they were all yummy looking, wearing black denim, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think so. The guy singing this song was way back in the first location, the ground floor one with the couch. I remember standing on the couch to be able to see them. The lead singer was blond. But thanks!

    ReplyDelete

You will leave a comment. You will do it now.